



Lazy days off, we woke up on 6 O' clock to find Ceci making us breakfast, she's unbelievable, who would say she's not a Jewish mother?A little freezing and the bus picked us up to the Glaciar again, this time to go deep into it. As I managed to wake the adventurous spirit in Tal, we took the long walk on the Glaciar, 7 hours, what can I say? AMAZING.
The trek started with a stroll by the side of the Glaciar, then went up, and finally we got to the boundaries of it. We mounted the cramps on our shoes and went in, it's actually hard to walk on ice, I found that you can't turn on the spot without falling, luckily I only had to fall once to notice :) ice is hard.
As we walked with our small group of 10 people we passed by cracks in the glaciar that go so deep you can't see the end. There are also huge pounds of frozen water you can see yourself reflected on it.
This huge piece of ice (30.000 sqkm) even has rivers which flows right thru it under the surface. The say that the deepest part of the glaciar goes about 700 meters deep.
It's hard to get, but this giant is on perpetual movement, about 2 meters per day in it's center part, but you don't really feel it. This creates the amazing sharp-end towers of blue faded ice that show all over the place.
So between cracks, holes and frozen rivers we made our way in this fantastic and unique white block to have a proper "Whisky in the rocks" with glaciar ice.
With a smile stamped our faces and terrible pain in our ankles we returned to safe heaven in Ceci's house in El Calafate. Enjoy the pictures :)
1 comment:
¡Hola chicos!
I am getting so jealous...no, I regard your pictures with envy...oooh, sweeties, enjoy the time & the view! I will be at this places in a few weeks too. hope to meet you in Cordoba ;) Saludos, Mareen
Post a Comment